As of Jan 2010, I am an engineer at A9.com, and this page is out of date. You should be able to find a permanent link to my personal webpage (eventually) HERE. You can reach me at My First Name DOT My Last Name AT Gmail DOT com.
From Dec 2006 to early Jan 2010, I was a Research Scientist at Sprint Labs (Applied Research) in Burlingame, CA. My areas of interest there were (a) networking and cellular wireless systems, and (b) massive social graph mining. I received my Ph.D. in Dec 2006, in Computer Science, from the University of California, Berkeley. My advisor was Prof. Randy Katz. My thesis research was on the fastest way to distribute a very large file from a single source to a very large number of clients, in the face of bandwidth constraints. In the past, I’ve worked on problems in the areas of multicast routing, overlay networks and scalable QoS.
Publications (out of date - has not been updated in a few years; request my C.V. for a more recent list)
· Prasanna Ganesan, Mukund Seshadri, “On Cooperative Content Distribution and the Price of Barter”, in Proc. 25th International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems, June 2005. [pdf]
· Sridhar Machiraju, Mukund Seshadri, Ion Stoica, “A Scalable and Robust Solution for Bandwidth Allocation”, in Proc. 10th International Workshop on Quality of Service, May 2002. [pdf]
· Yatin Chawathe, Mukund Seshadri, “Broadcast federation: an Application-layer Broadcast Internetwork”, in Proc. 12th International Workshop on Network and Operating Systems Support for Digital Audio and Video, May 2002. [pdf]
· Bhaskaran Raman, Sharad Agarwal, Yan Chen, Matthew Caesar, Weidong Cui, Per Johansson, Kevin Lai, Tal Lavian, Sridhar Machiraju, Z. Morley Mao, George Porter, Timothy Roscoe, Mukund Seshadri, Jimmy Shih, Keith Sklower, Lakshminarayanan Subramanian, Takashi Suzuki, Shelley Zhuang, Anthony D. Joseph, Randy H. Katz, Ion Stoica, "The SAHARA Model for Service Composition Across Multiple Providers”, in Proc. 1st International Conference on Pervasive Computing, Aug 2002.
Technical Reports/Thesis Writeups
· Prasanna Ganesan, Mukund Seshadri, “On Cooperative Content Distribution and the Price of Barter”, Stanford University Technical Report (2005-4) [pdf]
· Mukund Seshadri, Randy H. Katz, “Dynamics of Simultaneous Overlay Network Routing”, UCB Technical Report No. UCB//CSD-03-1291, Nov 2003. [pdf]
· Mukund Seshadri, Randy H. Katz, “ A Scalable Architecture for Broadcast Federation”, UCB M.S. Report, Dec 2002. [pdf]
· Sridhar Machiraju, Mukund Seshadri, Ion Stoica, “A Scalable and Robust Solution for Bandwidth Allocation”, UCB Technical Report No. UCB//CSD-02-1176 May 2002. [pdf]